Patent box measures should be considered by companies not only as an excellent opportunity to reduce their tax burden but also as a means for updating, reviewing and rationalizing R&D strategies and investments in product innovation and hence in the intangible assets leading to new products.
- Verifying the intangible fixed assets available
- Establishing the economic contribution (implicit revenue) of each intangible asset
- Identifying the portion of revenue for which a tax allowance can be claimed
- Activating the ruling procedure, if applicable, with the Tax Authorities, and assisting in the procedure, responding to questions
- Monitoring implementation, with or without ruling